I pondered for several hours about the approach for writing the review for the film “Everything Everywhere All At Once”. I considered it because I didn’t feel the same about the movie from the day I watched it. So here are the things which I enjoyed and things that I didn’t.
Things that I enjoyed
- A fresh and tender concept. The film has unique content. It has an absurd yet fun way of storytelling.
- The sounds, the music, and the VFX are all brilliant.
- The film talks about many things. Note that it can be a con for people who don’t like movies at a fast pace.
- The film addresses the real-world issues which people confront because of nationality.
- The casting is phenomenal. All actors, the side cast, I love them now. They were brilliant from the start till the end.
- The dialogues are too good.
- The film will open new doors for you to think about, to imagine.
Things that I didn’t
- The film somewhat became predictable for me at the end.
- They could have added more technical elements in the second half. The film has a dramatic touch at the end.
- Lately, I have been enjoying authenticity. I adore authentic frames. However, the sudden changes in human character that led to a happy ending appeared unrealistic to me. Remember, when people change, it takes months, or years. The process is slow. Technology can change fast, but people change gradually.
I will adore discussing it more on several aspects. However, I will stop here. Something is strange about this film. I felt about movies like Avengers, Ford vs Ferrari, Forrest Gump etc., in a certain way. That feeling is still the same. However, the film “Everything, everywhere, all at once” hits different every time. I like it. The sentiment is fuzzy and uncertain.
Comment if you have anything to add or debate.